Personal Information we collect
We may collect the following Personal Information from or about you, where the information
is reasonably necessary for our business purposes and to provide our Services to you:
- email address
- mobile number
- date of birth
- Bank Credentials;
- financial information from your Bank (including bank statements and other financial data);
- payment details (for example credit card, debit card or PayPal);
- opinion (we may conduct surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback; and
- other relevant personal and/or demographic information.
- We may collect the following Personal Information from or about you, where the information is reasonably necessary for our business purposes and to provide our Services to you:
How we collect your personal information
- Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may also collect information about you from third parties (eg your Bank or Third Party Institution), our contractors who supply services to us, through referrers from a publicly maintained record or from other individuals or companies as authorised by you.
- Personal information about you may be collected by us in a number of circumstances, including if you (a) use our Services; (b) register with us; (c) lodge an enquiry with us by email or telephone; (d) apply to work with us; or complete any surveys that we issue.
- From time to time we may collect, use, store and disclose non-identifiable information relating to your use of the Proviso Website. For example, we may record information such as the areas of the Proviso Website that you visit along with the time, date and URL of the pages you access, your IP address and/or the previous website that you visited before linking to the Proviso Website.
Purpose of collection of Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information for the primary purpose of being able to operate our business, including to provide our Services to you. If you do not provide all of the Personal Information we request (or authorise us to collect that information), you may not be able to use our Services.
In addition, we collect your Personal Information so we can carry out the following actions:
- to validate, update and /or enhance our products, services and databases (including those of our Related Bodies Corporate);
- to verify and assess your identity;
- to undertake research, analytics and/or benchmarking;
- to identify and understanding user needs, and for our business development and marketing purposes;
- to send you details about products and services and special offers that might interest you, from us and from third parties – see clause 10 below; and
- internal record keeping, audit and compliance purposes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We will not use your Bank Credentials other than to provide the Services to you.
Disclosure & Use of Personal Information
- You authorise us to disclose Personal Information to: (a) Your Bank - we disclose the information that you provide to us (including your Bank Credentials) to your Bank to access your financial information; (b) Your Third Party Institution – we disclose the financial information extracted from your Bank to your Third Party Institution; and (c) Other – (i) our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you; (ii) anyone considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets; (iii) other entities or persons (including our Related Bodies Corporate) to the extent reasonably necessary for the Purposes set out in clause 5.2 above; (iv) any law enforcement, legal, government or regulatory agency, where such disclosure is required or authorised by law; (v) other individuals or companies authorised by you.
- The collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information by your Bank and your Third Party Institution will be subject to the privacy policies of those organisations. We do not control and are not responsible for any use of personal information by your Bank or Third Party Institution.
Sending information overseas
- We confirm that our staff and servers are located in Australia.
- We provide service to entities that may be located or have operational areas overseas.
- We are unable to identify those countries where our customers may allow their information to be disclosed to, or accessed from.
Provision of information about others
Please be aware that the End User Terms prohibit the use of our Services on behalf of any other person. We will not ask you to provide us with information about someone else. However, if you provide unsolicited Personal Information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised by the relevant individual to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose for which it is provided.
- We may use technology known as a "cookie" to collect statistical information about you when using internet browsing, mobile or tablet applications. Cookies are small pieces of information captured when your device is used to access online content. They can record information about your visit to the Proviso Website, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
- From time to time we may use your personal information that you have provided to us to provide you with: updates about your information; and current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any third party (Marketing Communications).
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us (including our Related Bodies Corporate) using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for these purposes, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
- If you do not wish to receive Marketing Communications form us, you may at any time unsubscribe from receiving such information by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
- You acknowledge and agree that even if you opt out of receiving Marketing Communications, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the Services we provide.
Storage & Security
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed. Our procedures are designed to prevent your personal information being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Notwithstanding the reasonable steps taken to keep information secure, breaches may occur. In the event of a security incident we have in place procedures to promptly investigate the incident and determine if there has been a data breach involving personal information, and if so, to assess if it is a breach that would require notification. If it is, we will notify affected parties in accordance with Privacy Act requirements.
Your access to your Personal Information
- It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
- You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. To request access to the personal information that we hold about you, use the contact details specified below. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
- If you consider that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us to request that it is updated. Please let us know if there are any changes to the personal information you have provided to us. While we take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information held by us is up to date, we will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, grant access to the information in the manner requested. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
Further information and complaints
- You may request further information about the way we manage your Personal Information or lodge a complaint by contacting us using the contact details below.
- We will deal with any complaint by investigating the complaint, and providing a response to the complainant within 30 business days, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative time frames with you.
Definitions and interpretation
- Bank means your relevant bank or financial institution, the details of which you provide to us.
- Bank Credentials means your Bank account username and password.
- End User Terms means the Proviso End User Terms available at PROVISO END USER TERMS
- Personal Information means personal information (as defined in the relevant Privacy Laws) that you provide to Proviso or authorise Proviso to collect.
- Privacy Laws means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) when the Territory is Australia, and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) when the Territory is New Zealand, and any other applicable privacy laws, including any determination, code or guideline issued under those laws in the relevant Territory.
- Proviso (also referred to as "us", "we" and "our") means Proviso Pty Ltd ACN 166 277 845 (an illion group company) and also (a) illion Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95 006 399 677) where you are accessing the Website via ".com.au", or (b) illion New Zealand Marketing Services Limited (Co. No. 6398759) where you are accessing the Website via ".co.nz"
- Proviso Website means:
- (i) https://proviso.com.au/;
- (ii) https://bankstatements.com.au/;
- (iii) https://proviso.com.au/bankfeeds/;
- (iv) https://proviso.co.nz/;
- (v) https://bankstatements.co.nz/;
- (vi) https://proviso.co.nz/bankfeeds/; or
- (vii) other channels that allow you to access our Services.
- Related Body Corporate means (a) where the Territory is Australia – the meaning given to that term in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001; and (b) where the Territory is New Zealand – the meaning given to "Related Company" in section 2(3) of the Companies Act 1993.
- Services means the Proviso services described in the End User Terms.
- Territory means (a) Australia, if you are accessing Services via a ".com.au" Proviso Website; or (b) New Zealand, if you are accessing Services via a ".co.nz" Proviso Website.
- Third Party Institution means the third party business that provides credit, credit assistance or other services to you, and in relation to which you are accessing our Services.
How to contact us